The gallery above shows some acceptable combinations of apparel that are in-line with the dress code. We encourage parents and students to review the handbook for specific dress code requirements—however, we have summarized the general guidelines below. Purchase uniforms online by visiting our online shop.
General Uniform Guidelines
- Shirts must be solid in color—Red, White, Gray or Navy Blue.
- They must have a collar and at least one button.
- Cardigans may be worn but must be solid in color—Red, White, Blue, Black or Gray.
- Both shirts and cardigans must bear either an ALA patch or an embroidered ALA logo on the left-hand side, over the heart.
- Pants, capris, skirts, skorts, jumpers and shorts must be Khaki, Tan, Black, Gray, or Navy Blue in color.
- They must have either front or back pockets.
- Shoes must be closed-toed and heeled, and no more than 2” in height.
- Jeans may be worn on Fridays but must be solid in color—blue or black.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses will be long enough to be within an inch of the kneecap when standing.
- Shirts may be sheer as long as they are solid and match the color requirements.
- They must be worn with at least a cap-sleeved undershirt.
- Earrings cannot be any larger than a quarter.
- Leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, etc. are not acceptable.
- Denim shirts are not acceptable.
- Shirts must be tucked in and a belt must be worn.
- Hair must be trimmed above the ears and collar.
- Magnetic patches may be purchased through the front office at any ALA campus.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your local campus or review the student handbook.