San Tan Valley, Florence and Surrounding Communities
Are you or a friend struggling? Do you need someone to talk to? If someone is in immediate danger of harm always call 911. 24 hours / 7 days a week Crisis Lines and Information Lines are available for non-emergent situations. If you need to talk to someone, have a crisis team visit in person or information only call:
- San Tan Valley residents: +1 (800) 631-1314
- Florence and all other Pinal County residents: +1 (866) 495-6735
There are also other outstanding crisis lines for help and information
- Teen Life Line: +1 (800) 248-8336
- Teen Life Line: Text Message Text “listen” to 741-741
- Teen Warm Line Ages 13-17: +1 (877) 770-2021 – for teens needing someone to talk to
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:+1 (800) 273-8255
- Suicide prevention Online Chat: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org -“click chat”
- San Tan Valley Substance Abuse Coalition: +1 (480) 525-3562 – Information on how to find assistance for substance abuse and mental health issues.
Helpful websites offering practical Mental Health Support:
- Local Service Providers
- Social /Human Services
- Community Resource Guides
- Food Banks
- Domestic Violence
- Affordable Housing and Homeless Shelters
- Service Learning /Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
- La Frontera EMPACT – Suicide Prevention Center: +1 (480) 784-1514 currently accepts AHCCCS and some private insurance. Office in San Tan Valley at 2474 E Hunt Highway Suite 100, San Tan Valley, AZ 5143
- San Tan Behavioral Health: +1 (480) 507-3644 currently only accepts AHCCCS insurance. They will make in- home counseling visits to residents living in the San Tan Valley. A full continuum of outpatient services is offered to San Tan Valley Residents only.
- Oasis Behavioral Health: +1 (800) 844-6425 currently accepts AHCCCS and private insurance. They serve residents of San Tan Valley and Florence. Assistance is provided in their Chandler office. They will provide transportation to their office.
- Horizon Health and Wellness: +1 (480) 983-0065 various locations including Queen Creek. Providing behavioral health services including counseling.
- Sun Life Family Health: +1 (480) 351-2850 behavioral and medical health services provided in Apache Junction. Soon a location will be open in Florence. In the future a location will be built in San Tan Valley. They work with people with and without insurance.
- Arizona Family Institute: +1 (602) 492-5055 Contact for counseling services. Located at 3048 E Baseline Road #108, Mesa, AZ 85204.
- Compassion Care Center: Assistance connecting to local Social Services. CCC provides food, clothing, employment assistance. CCC provides office space for local service provider to meet with clients. +1 (480) 987-0885 | www.stvccc.org | 5418 E Skyline Drive, Bldg. C01, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Pinal County Citizen Contact Center: +1 (888) 431-1311 Monday – Friday 8 am- 5pm
- AZ Dept. of Economic Security: a good starting point for a multitude of services and resources, for individuals and families. +1 (520) 723-7986 | www.azdes.gov | 1155 M Arizona Blvd, Coolidge, AZ
- Arizona 211: www.211arizona.org or dial 211 from your phone
- CAHRA – Community Action Human Resources Agency: +1 (520) 466-0013 | www.pinalresources.org
- Maricopa County Department of Human Services: +1 (602) 506-5911 | www.hsd.maricopa.gov
- Nationwide Resources: www.needhelppayingbills.com
- Local Community Assistance: queencreeksantanflor.wix.com
- Health care Information and Resource List: healthsolutionsarizona.com
San Tan Valley
- Epic Food Bank is open on the first Saturday of every month 9:00 – 11:00 am. They are located at Walker Butte K-8 School, 29697 N Desert Willow Blvd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. For more information you can contact Marlene Graham email@example.com | +1 (480) 357-0722 | www.epicchristianchurch.com
- Christ the Victor Church – Food Bank open Tuesday and Thursday 9 – 11 am. Serving residents of San Tan Valley, Florence and Coolidge. Residents may visit once every thirty days. They are located at 6173 E. Arizona Farms Road Florence, AZ 85132 | +1 (520) 723-4220 | Learn more at www.christthevictor.net
- Mountain View Family Church: Please call for hours +1 (480) 415-9814 and to set up an appointment to receive a food box, 4815 W Hunt Highway, San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 | mvchurchaz.com
- Amedao Church Food Bank. Hours of Operation – Every Tuesday from 6:00pm-7:00pm at the Vineyard Center at 21805 S Ellsworth Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 | +1 (480) 229-7356
| firstname.lastname@example.org | www.facebook.com.restorenonprofit
- Calvary Chapel, Feeding the Multitudes, 19248 E San Tan Blvd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, distribution is on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, 9 – 11 am please call +1 (480) 988-2984 for more information | calvaryqueencreek.org
- Our Lady Guadalupe Catholic Church, E Ocotillo Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Contact Robert Varela at +1 (480) 290-1011 | www.ologparish.org
- The Florence Baptist Food Bank: distributes Tuesday and Friday please show up at 10:30 to get a ticket. Food distribution begins at 11:30 am. Summer Hours may change due to the heat. Please call +1 (520) 868-1728 to confirm hours. www.florencebaptistchurch.com | 30 N. Willow Street, Florence AZ 85132.
- Open Hands Outreach: Serving residents of Coolidge. Must register in advance. Bring a valid form of ID and utility bill or rent receipt with your name on it. May register during regular hours, Tue. – Fri. 9 am – 4 pm. Food Distribution on the 2nd Friday of the month serving last names starting with A – M. Food Distribution on the 4th Friday of the month serving last names starting with N – Z. Both distributions take place 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. 204 W. Central Avenue Coolidge, 85128 | +1 (866) 721-6983
Check www.foodpantries.org and www.azfoodbanks.org
- Pinal County Affordable Housing: www.pinalcountyaz.gov
- Nationwide Low Income Housing: www.lowincomehousing.us
Emergency and Homeless Shelters
Please check these websites for great volunteer opportunities specific to your community.
Organizations around the Phoenix Valley that offer service opportunities:
- Valley of the Sun YMCA: For various opportunities please call the Copper Basin YMCA, (480) 882-2242 | 28300 N. Main Street, San Tan Valley, AZ 85143,
- Hoofbeats with Heart: If you would like the opportunity to volunteer your time working with horses and (or) assisting people, Please call (602) 421-7718 for more information or email Kelley at email@example.com. Hoofbeats with Heart’s ranch is located at 43491 N Coyote Rd, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140.
- House of Timothy: www.houseoftimothy.org Nonprofit located in the Laredo Ranch subdivision. Help needed with sorting clothing, baby items, etc. Contact Karen Bradley at Kbradley@HouseofTimothy.org
- Future Forward Foundation: Help needed in their Florence vegetable garden. If you are interested in helping and knowing that you are appreciated please contact Lina K. Austin (520) 313.2134. Bring your own gloves, hat, sunscreen. Water will be provided. Garden location is 886 W Butte, Florence. AZ . Futureforward@cox.net | www.Futureforwardfoundation.com
- Hospital Volunteer Opportunities: Chandler Regional and Mercy Gilbert Medical Centers have amazing teen programs. The program was recognized as the winner of the 2014 Governor’s Award and was invited to the White House to brief them on what they are teaching our teens in Arizona. They have an information session that is hosted after the first of the year. The information will be on the website at chandlerregiona.org or mercygilbert.org. For more information contact Barb Farmer, C.A.V.S. Manager Volunteer Services Department at (480) 728-7186
- Pan de Vida: provide volunteer credit to students who volunteer with Pan de Vida Foundation. Volunteer work can be done on Saturdays. For more information please contact Mary Gloria for more information firstname.lastname@example.org | 480-688-6326.