“A” Rated. Time-Proven. Leadership Based. Designed for Excellence.
At American Leadership Academy, we take our responsibility to educate seriously. In fact, it is our mission to provide the best educational experience to as many students as possible in a moral and wholesome environment. Our curriculum is designed to fulfill that mission.
Our highly qualified teachers and staff work hard every day to engage our students, helping them to become active participants in their own education.
Highlights of the ALA academic experience:
- “A” rated district, according to the Arizona Department of Education
- Accredited status opens doors for college admission
- Core Knowledge (not Common Core) curriculum, for comprehensive, in-depth learning
- Saxon math, widely considered to effectively teach essential mathematical concepts
- Strong focus on literacy and mathematics at all level
- Time-proven, traditional classroom approach that is as effective as one-on-one tutoring
- RAISE Leadership curriculum incorporated into daily learning
- Lessons planned for optimal engagement and in manageable pieces that allow for quick mastery
- Well-rounded curriculum with opportunities to dive deep into multiple subjects
- Extracurriculars available and encouraged, including sports, fine arts, and robotics
- Before and after school tutoring programs available
It all adds up to students who are not only ready for college and careers, but who are ready to learn, lead, and change the world.
We have worked hard to create a learning environment that allows every student to thrive. Come and see the difference for yourself on a campus tour. We look forward to meeting you!
“To encourage literature and the arts is a duty which every good citizen owes to his country.”
At American Leadership Academy, we recognize literacy as one of the most valuable tools we can give our students. At every grade level, our students have the opportunity to read, discuss, analyze, and write about various texts. This includes texts within Core Knowledge Language Arts (grades K-6) and Elements of Literature (grades 7-12), as well as novels and nonfiction texts in history and science.
We believe that as our students become fully literate and learn to appreciate and use their literacy, they will be better prepared for college, careers, and beyond.
Texts read throughout the ELA program include, but are not limited to:
Kinder - 6th Grade
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Chicken Little
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- The Princess and the Pea
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- The Goose and the Golden Egg
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Sleeping Beauty
- Hansel and Gretel
- A Christmas Carol
- Paul Bunyan
- The Magic Paintbrush
- Arachne the Weaver
7th - 12th Grade
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
- Call of the Wild
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Animal Farm
- The Good Earth
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Odyssey
- Romeo and Juliet
- Farenheit 451
- The Great Gatsby
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- The Crucible
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Pride and Prejudice
For over 30 years, Saxon Math™ has been delivering proven results for students in Grades K–12. The Saxon Math curriculum has an incremental structure that distributes content throughout the year. This integrated and connected approach provides deep, long-term mastery of the content and skills called for in the Arizona College and Career Readiness Standards. We use Saxon Math™ through Algebra 2 at the high school level. We also offer Pre-Calculus, Calculus, AP Statistics and College Math to prepare students for college and beyond.
Learn more about Saxon Math.
View lessons and topic outlines here.
Students will continually develop their ability reason scientifically and understand the world around with our science curriculum. They are able to question, research, experiment and write/speak about the topics addressed. Topics covered include those within E.D. Hirsch's Core Knowledge Sequence, as well as advanced Biology, Chemistry and Physics.