ALA Health Advisory
Due to concerns about COVID-19, and due to the state-mandated closure, ALA schools will be closed through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Pinal County Department of Public Health and Maricopa County Public Health are working with American Leadership Academy after learning that one member of our ALA - Ironwood 7-12 campus community has been identified as having a presumptive positive test for COVID-19.
- This person was a household contact of another presumptive positive case.
- Presumptive positive means that the test was positive at the Arizona State Public Health Laboratory but has not been confirmed by the CDC.
- The individual never attended school while ill, Public Health believes the risk of others getting COVID-19 from this person to be low.
- This individual did not have severe illness and has fully recovered from the virus.
- Was this person at school when they were sick?
- My child had respiratory illness before Spring Break. Should I go see my healthcare provider?
- What is the treatment?
- Why isn’t the whole school being tested?
- Can my family get tested?
- Can I find out if they were in my child’s classroom?
- Are we doing contact tracing?
- Why can’t you share the name of the impacted individual?
- Is my school safe? What is the school doing to protect our child?
- Will ALA be closed after Spring Break is over?
- Should I keep my child out of school to avoid risk of exposure to COVID-19?
- If my child has been sick, when can they return to school?
- I am currently out of town, is it safe to travel back to AZ? Do I need to tell the airport?
- Can I travel out of AZ?
3/8/2020 7:15PM - Email and text notification of Press Release sent to parents and staff.
3/9/2020 10:45AM - Email notification of letter to families and FAQs sent to parents and staff.
3/9/2020 11:30AM - Health Advisory website created.
3/13/2020 11:30AM - Email and text notification of Spring Break extension sent to parents and staff.
3/15/2020 4:30PM - Governor Ducey mandates state-wide school closure through March 27th, 2020.
3/17/2020 2:30PM - Email sent to parents & staff announcing Free Grab & Go lunches at select ALA sites & surrounding areas
3/20/2020 4:00PM - Governor Ducey and Superintendent Hoffman announce two-week extension of state-mandated school closure.
3/20/2020 8:00PM - Email notification about ALA Schedule Update sent to parents & staff.
3/30/2020 8:30AM - Governor Ducey and Superintendent Hoffman announce extension of school closures through end of 2019-2020 School Year.
3/30/2020 4:30PM - Email notification about extended school closure sent to parents & staff.