The Mission of the ALA Gilbert North Theatre is to create the audiences, artists, and storytellers of tomorrow by encouraging a love of and respect for the discipline, artform, and joy of making theatre.
All of our productions start at 7:00pm unless otherwise noted
November 13-14 - ALA Theatre Fall Showcase: Featuring One Acts of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, and Darcy and Elizabeth, by Jon Jory
April 8,9,10 - ALA Theatre Spring Production: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
April 23- Theater III Music Review
April 30- HS Theater I Showcase
May 1- JH Drama Showcase
How to purchase tickets to our events:
You can purchase tickets to all of our theater events at the following website: https://ala.booktix.com/
- Show Choir (Zero hour)
- Jr. High Drama
- Theater 1 (Beginning Theatre)
- Theater 2 (Intermediate Acting Techniques)
- Theater 3 (Advanced Acting Techniques and Musical Theatre Conservatory)
- Stagecraft (CTE Course)
After School Show Choir
The ALA Show Choir is an after-school show choir performance opportunity for all interested students. Show Choirs sing, dance, and perform a set of numbers and will perform in the 20/21 season at the Theatre Fall and Spring Showcases.
Auditions are held in the Fall annually, with secondary auditions being held on a needs basis in the Spring Semester.
ALA Gilbert North 7-12 is proud to be a part of the International Thespian Society (ITS) as Jr. High Troupe #89578 and High School Troupe #8721. The International Thespian Society is the honor society for junior high and high school actors and technicians, honoring their hard work, discipline, and diligence. We also help with scholarship auditions for students who are interested in attending college.
Students who are interested in joining the society earn “points” by volunteering, serving, and performing. Students who earn enough points are inducted into the society every spring, and students who go above and beyond during their time in high school theatre earn honor chords to be worn at graduation.
LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION: https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/whyjoin/benefitsofatroupe
Mr. Abaroa has been an active performer and singer from a young age. Having performed with and for several amateur and professional companies, such as the Phoenix Boys Choir, the Arizona Opera, and the Hawaii Symphony Orchestra, Mr. Abaroa has had numerous experiences that have grown his love for the arts. His love for education, however, blossomed while attending college in Hawaii, where he served as the Performance and Education Coordinator for the improv troupe The Seaside Jesters.
He joins ALA from working at both the Arizona Theatre Company and the Utah Shakespeare Festival, where he worked in Education and fundraising. He completed his undergraduate degree in Interdisciplinary Studies (Musical Theater and Communications) at Brigham Young University- Hawaii and received a Master of Fine Arts degree in Arts Administration from Southern Utah University.
Past Theater Productions:
- You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown (Theater 3 class, October 25-26, 2019)
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [abridged] (ITS Competition piece)
- A Christmas Carol (Middle school production, December 18-20, 2019)
- The Tempest (Theater 2 production, January 31-February 1, 2020)
- Thoroughly Modern Millie (Open call musical, March 20-21, 2020)
- Theater Showcase (highlights from theater classes, April 17-18, 2020)
- Bye Bye Birdie (School Musical 2018)
- Cinderella (School Musical 2019)
- 2019 - Superior Ranking at the Arizona Thespian Festival.
- 2021 - Superior Ranking at the Arizona Thespian Festival.