American Leadership Academy, Gilbert North 7-12’s theatre program is focused on student engagement and leadership. Students have numerous opportunities to be involved through classes, after school productions, and the ITS, or International Thespian Society, an honors society for theatre students.
- Jr. High Drama
- Theatre 1
- Theatre 2 (Acting Workshop)
- Theatre 3 (Musical Theatre Workshop)
- Stagecraft (Technical Theatre)
2019-2020 production schedule:
- You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown (Theatre 3 class, October 25-26, 2019)
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [abridged] (ITS Competition piece)
- A Christmas Carol (Middle school production, December 18-20, 2019)
- The Tempest (Theatre 2 production, January 31-February 1, 2020)
- Thoroughly Modern Millie (Open call musical, March 20-21, 2020)
- Theatre Showcase (highlights from theatre classes, April 17-18, 2020)
Miss Garner began her career at ALA in 2018. She completed her undergraduate degree in Theatre Directing at Brigham Young University and received her masters degree in Educational Theatre from New York University. She also studied international theater in both England and Ireland, meeting and working alongside some of the principle directors and educators in the field overseas. Theater is her passion, and she is passionate about providing meaningful experiences to her students.