Did you know your child is nearly eight times safer riding to and from school in a school bus than in a personal vehicle? Safety is our number one priority, and we take the responsibility for transporting students very seriously. With our trained and State Certified drivers, you can feel confident sending your child to school on the bus.
Transportation requests are submitted through the enrollment application. *Note: Upon enrollment confirmation, the request for transportation will be reviewed by the transportation department.
Local Bus Routes
Reminder to parents: Students need to be at their stop 5 minutes before stop time. Also, expect some delays the first week until students and drivers get use to new routes and riders.
*Times are subject to change for the first week. Click on the links below to view the bus routes.
- Safety and surveillance
- Shuttle and route fees
- Bus stops
- Waiting for the bus
- After school bus unloading
- Proper loading and unloading procedures
- Danger zones
Some American Leadership Academy school buses and student transportation vehicles are equipped with video surveillance camera systems for the primary purpose of enhancing the safety of students and staff. Viewing of videos is restricted to American Leadership Academy personnel, on a legitimate need-to-know basis.
Route Fee (Fee Includes Shuttle if needed)
- Individual Bus Route (round-trip): $50 per month $50 or $500 per year**
- Family (2 or more riders) Bus Route (round-trip): $85 per month or $850 per year**
- Individual Bus Route (one-way): $30 per month or $300 per year*
- Family (2 or more riders) Bus Route (one-way): $50 per month or $500 per year*
Shuttle Only Fee
Shuttle Only—This is from Campus to Campus only.
- Individual (round-trip): $25 per month or $250 per year*
- Family (2 or more riders round-trip): $40 per month or $400 per year*
- Individual (one-way): $15 per month or $150 per year*
- Family (2 or more riders on way): $25 per month or $250 per year*
**$100 off Transportation Fee for Family and Individual full routes only that are paid In full by August 31st.
*10% off all other Transportation Fees that are Paid In Full within first month of start date.
All monthly transportation fees are prorated from August-May and will not vary when school is in session a partial month. Payments can be made online through your student’s Infinite Campus account with a credit/debit card, or with cash or check at any ALA campus front office or by mail. A “Full Transportation Fee” will be added to your Infinite Campus account when your student(s) begin their first day of riding. You may opt to make either monthly payments throughout the year, or pay for the entire year in advance before August 31st to receive the special discount listed above with the pricing. Monthly payments are due before the last day of each month.
All payments will be recorded per household under the oldest student’s name in your Infinite Campus account. You will receive a payment reminder when fees are due, but it is your responsibility to pay your transportation fees each month, or to contact the Transportation Department if special arrangements need to be made. Delinquent monthly transportation fees will jeopardize your continued use of transportation during the school year. Unpaid balances at the end of school year will remain in your Infinite Campus account and will eliminate your eligibility for future transportation until paid in full.
If your transportation fees are not up to date, we reserve the right to remove your students from the route. Once your students have come off of the route and you pay your fee, your students will remain on the waitlist until they are next on the list and there is a spot that becomes available.
Bus stops are determined by general location of students, in accordance with state regulations for school buses. Typically, stop locations are within subdivisions, and are near parks or common areas for safety. Please have students at the bus stop 5 minutes before scheduled pickup time. Due to limited bus routes and schedules, we are not able to accommodate every family’s need to have stops closer to home. Bus routes and stops are subject to change year-to- year, based off requests that are received when forming routes.
- Be at your stop approximately 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- By State law, children waiting at a bus stop must be at least 50 feet away from any intersection or corner.
- Stay a safe distance from the curb, while waiting on the sidewalk area. Do not play games in the street.
- Respect private property. Do not wander into carports or onto lawns. Do not sit on fences. Do not throw rocks. Do not vandalize property.
- When you see the bus approaching, get in line immediately. Line up parallel to the street, away from the curb, facing the approaching bus.
- Stand clear of the bus until it has come to a complete stop. Do not push or shove while waiting. Let smaller children board first.
- The bus will come to a stop approximately 10 feet from the first student. Stand still until the bus stops completely and the door has opened. Do not move toward the bus until it has stopped.
- If you miss the bus, go straight home. Remember, your bus driver has a schedule to keep, and if you are not at the bus stop he/she cannot wait for you.
- Parents should instruct their children on what to do if the bus is unable to pick them up, i.e., where to go and wait (back home or a friend’s house) and whom to telephone (parents, school, or a friend).
- If we have a bus breakdown, another bus will complete the entire route. The replacement bus will run very late, but will service every stop. A voice message will be sent out as soon as possible to parents if buses are running more than 15 minutes behind.
- Depending on your campus, your student will be instructed to go to their assigned bus (based off of dot color on side) after school dismissal. (Location of bus depends on campus)
- If there is no driver on the bus, students may not get on the bus. All students must line up and wait alongside bus.
- Bus departs at 3:05 PM, if your student is late to the bus and the bus has departed, it cannot come back to the campus to pick up and you will need to find alternate transportation for that day.
- Always use the handrail.
- Go up the steps one at a time. Avoid pushing and shoving.
- Go directly to your seat. The bus will not move until all passengers are seated.
- State law does not permit passengers to stand in a moving bus.
- When waiting for the bus at a designated school bus stop, students shall practice the following safety rules.
- Wait on the curb until the bus has come to a complete stop and the driver has opened the door.
- NEVER run up to the bus as it is approaching the bus stop or school loading zone. You could trip and fall in front of the bus and be run over.
- Load the bus by waiting your turn in a single file line, entering one at a time.
- As soon as you board the bus, take your assigned seat, sitting flat on your bottom facing
- If you must cross the street to board the bus, only do so after the bus driver has turned on the red flashing lights, the stop sign is extended, and the driver has motioned for you to cross the street.
- ALWAYS cross in front of the bus where the driver can see you.
- While the bus is one of the safest vehicles on the road, it has many blind spots or DANGER ZONES.
By following a few simple rules, you can stay out of the danger zones and stay safe.
- Rear half of the bus along the sides near the rear wheels.
- On the left side of the bus due to passing traffic.
- In front of the bus closer than 10 feet (may be hard for drivers to see you).
- Rear of the bus – The driver may not be able to see you through his rear view mirror if you are closer than 15 to 20 feet behind the bus.
- Can I submit a transportation request? If so, how?
- What if there are changes to my home/location?
- What if I need to cancel my child's transportation services?
Yes, but Transportation Requests will be handled on a first come, first served basis. Because we do not receive state funding for our transportation, routes and stops are determined by need, to accommodate the largest group of students. We must also factor in the time students spend on the bus, as well as scheduling appropriately to get them to school on time. It is vital to charge and collect these fees in order for American Leadership Academy to offer transportation services to our students. You will be notified by email if your request has been accepted. If no email address is given, you will be notified by mail. The student will not be allowed on the bus if we do not have a complete online request form on file (current with the academic year) and name(s) added to driver roster.
If a student is not currently signed up and approved, but needs to utilize transportation for a day, the Transportation Department must be contacted before student can ride, to make sure there is room on the bus. A note from parent/guardian including phone number must be given to the driver, after clearance from the Transportation Department/Front office of the student’s school. Transportation has to account for all students on the bus in case of an emergency.
All transportation requests should be submitted online during enrollment or re-enrollment. Paper forms will not be accepted. If you have questions, please contact our transportation department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your student has been approved and assigned a route, this will not guarantee availability for your student if you move outside the boundaries of current route. Your approval process will start over, with the possibility of being added to a wait list. Any changes made to a Transportation Request must be made by the Parent/Guardian who is listed as the head of household where the student is being bussed to and cleared with the Transportation Department two (2) business days before the change takes effect.
If your student no longer needs transportation, you must submit a written or verbal notice one week prior to cancellation date. This will remove the student’s name from the roster and avoid any additional fees in Infinite Campus. Fee adjustments will be made according to cancellation date. All inactive and canceled bus requests will be kept on file until the end of the current school year. A new bus request will not need to be filled out when making request changes or reactivating canceled services. This can be done by calling the Transportation Office at 480-987-4500 ext. 1206, or emailing us at email@example.com.